Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Halloweening it


We're having a Halloween party this Friday...WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??

Besides it having been nothing but Rugby World Cup these last 6 weeks, I've been inundated with guests, organising farewells, BBQs, parties and such.  Why did I think this was such a good idea (please someone with a heart shoot me!)  I have literally been living and breathing organising one event or another the last 2 months with little help because everyone seems sooooo busy with their own lives, just not too busy to turn up, get on the piss and have a jolly good time of it.

I do love organising parties and Halloween is just so much fun, a special time to scare the living daylights out of people but I may have just bitten off more than I can chew.  Not that we grew up with Halloween, but any excuse to dress up and dance the night away eh?  So far 30 adults and 9 children are confirmed to be coming, drinks are sorted so at least they'll be roaring drunk and I'm sticking to finger foods...which is freaking me out since I usually go stupid and cook 4/5 main dishes with several sides and desserts...from scratch, no store bought ready made meals for this stubborn and idiotic penguin. *breathes into paper bag*

And then there's the decorations!  You know that feeling of excitement with a mixture of foreboding because you know what look and feel you want to achieve but you don't know if you have the time to pull it off, oh you know because you have a job, other events to organise and finding the ever elusive nemo?  That's me in a jelly mould and I'm slowly slipping off the plate and heading straight for the floor - SPLAT!  

My friends, it's times like this that I miss (ever so slightly) being a full time desperate housewife - this part time working and part time domestic goddess/slave is not working too well right now.  Time for a trip away - preferably to another country or maybe I need a holiday from my own crazy head!  

Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed I don't lose it ;)


2 comments:

  1. Kinda late....but "good luck betty!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it looks like a rockin' party hun..you're such a great hostess ;)

    ReplyDelete