Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Woohoo it's booked!

We stayed up till 2am this morning on a working night and finally booked flights to....Koh Samui island in Thailand, Yippee!  I had made my mind up on Malaysia but unfortunately the flights from here were all booked up because we dragged our feet and by the time we decided to book them, all flights for the dates we have booked off were taken...dammit!  However, I am a great believer in things happen for a reason and now we've secured flights and a suite at Sareeraya Villas & Suites.  All we have to do is get on that plane on Wednesday and we're away!

I'm so so so so excited and even though I am looking forward to the relaxation, I'm also so excited to walk into the markets, make some local friends, stuff my self stupid with all the food, have a daily massage, read, blog, snorkel and be absolutely pampered, priorities right?  So now comes the most difficult task at hand; deciding which of my books I'm going to pack.  I'm a bookworm, I'm known to carry 2 books in my bag if my diary is at home and at one point and much to the distress of my right arm and biceps I had 4 fairly thick, heavyweight contenders in there.  This year, something terrible happened.  For reasons unbeknown to myself and the many consulted doctors, I stopped reading.  I wanted to read, I remembered the high of turning the first page of a brand new book and inhaling the heady scent of the untouched pages.  The excitement to find out if I had deduced correctly or perhaps the discomfort of feelings that certain passages evoked.  But I just could not keep my eyes on a page for more than a few seconds and my brain could not and would not engage!

So I did what any sane person in my predicament would do, I continued buying books and storing them for when I would be cured of this awful affliction.  ANWAY (in case you didn't notice I have a bad habit of digressing frequently and most importantly sometimes I don't return to my original point)...in consequence, I have roughly (*counts from the couch*) 68 books which I have not read.  68 Books to choose from, how am I going to decide which ones are the perfect ones?  I think 5 is a good solid number.  I take about 7 when I go home or 2 to the UK(because they have fabulous bookshops and I can replenish whenever I need!)  But for 8 days and so many genres to pick from, which 5 are THE 5?  Plus I don't know what kind of mood I'll be in when I get there.  I need some suggestions, any and all are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment